Carpal tunnel is a painful disorder in your wrist and thumb. It can be caused by stressed excess pressure on the median nerve. Though we know that carpal tunnel brace is not much curative but it can still provide relief from the pain and irritation. There are a lot of braces available in the market. You can choose it according to your situation. Many gamers can develop carpal tunnel syndrome due to excessive gaming, therefore, they might also feel the need to use the braces. You can get a brace for the night, for working, overall use, and much more. In this article, we will be providing you with a list of the best carpal tunnel braces present in the market. We have tried to list the best according to their use. We have listed the best carpal tunnel braces for gamers also. in one of our articles, we have mentioned in detail about the best gaming wrist braces. please check it out.
Things to keep in mind while buying a brace.
Not every brace is suitable for every situation. Some braces can be used for overall functionality but some are designed for a specific function. In this section of the article, we are mentioning you with all the points that you should consider before buying a brace.
- Type of the brace: There are different types of braces available in the market. They can be classified as a wrist brace, a standard brace, and a night brace. All of these have their specifications and special timings at which they should be worn. The next things that you need to see along with the type of brace are splint type, compression style, and fit style. You must check these and choose accordingly.
- Size: There are many braces available that can fit anybody but there are some of the braces designed according to sizes. You can check your size by wrapping a soft measuring tape around your wrist. Available sizes come with a wrist measurement, you can check that and buy it according to your wrist size. If you are going for a brace that is fit for all, you might not worry about the size.
- Material: This is the next thing that you should keep in mind. Many companies offer very smooth material for providing super comfort and for the rotation of the hand. You might notice some companies offer it with rigid material to reduce movement and provide structural integrity. It depends on you which kind of material you will be comfortable with.
- Price: The other important thing is the budget. You might not want to spend a lot of money on the brace and want to consider your budget before buying it. The carpal tunnel braces cost almost between 10 dollars to 40 dollars. You can find a lightweight brace for almost 25 dollars and if you want a brace with a style and more features, it can g up to 40 dollars.
- Durability: If you are paying for something at least it should be worth it. We would recommend you to buy a brace with high durability. Price is not always important. You might have to pay more for the more durable brace and if you are looking for a cheaper brace, you might have to compromise with the durability. We will never recommend you to compromise with the durability of the product.
Best brace for carpal tunnel overall.
First, we are listing you with the best overall braces that can help you relieve carpal tunnel. These braces are not made for some specific timing but can be used for overall functioning. We are listing two options that we feel are best if you are looking for an overall brace.
Mueller Green fitted wrist brace.
This is the first in our list because of the versatility it offers. You can wear it while performing your daily tasks and even while gaming. You can wear it if you play games for almost half of your day or more. It is made up to support the weak muscles and prevents your already injured muscles that are most likely to get worsen while playing. The next thing for which we recommend this brace is that it is affordable.
- This brace has two adjustable straps to fit the brace according to you.
- You can find two variants for this brace- left and right, having two sizes: small and large.
- The best thing about this wrist brace is that it can even fit the most slender wrists.
- It helps in relieving the pain and swelling on your wrist and maintains the movement of your thumb and fingers.
- It comes up with a two support stay and has padding around the spoon to provide extra comfort.
Vive Wrist Brace.
The other on the list is the Vive wrist brace. It is considered to be the best in the list when it comes to overall functioning. This brace even has a removable splint that provides the full functionality of the hand. If you have severe pain or going for an extreme gaming session you must not remove the splint. It comes with two adjustable straps that you can adjust according to your pain and the compression you need.
- It provides you with high stability and protection for your wrist. It is very lightweight and comfortable.
- Two adjustable straps have been given to adjust the brace according to the compression you need and can wear it without slipping and more.
- The brace can accommodate any size hand and can be adjusted according to your hand size. It has breathable neoprene that can keep your hand cool while working.
- It comes up with a 60 days warranty from the company.
- It has a removable splint so that you can use it flexibly. The splint helps you to stabilize your wrist.
M brace RCA Wrist support brace.
This is the next brace on our list. This is mostly recommended to use while working but can be used overall. The best part is that it doesn’t make your movement challenging by restricting it. This brace looks more like a bracelet rather than a wrist splint. This helps to reduce the irritation in the median nerve, thus helping in the prevention of carpal tunnel syndrome. Most people prefer it because of its look.
- It provides the full movement to your fingers and palm and provides your wrist stability.
- It is very light weighted, easier to wear, non bulkier, and has a decent look like a watch or a bracelet.
- You can use it anytime, day or night whenever you want to wear it.
- It has patent physician developed wrist support that will minimize your pain and can even prevent the surgery.
- We recommend you go through the instructions written on the back of the box of the product.
Best brace you can use while sleeping.
Many people can twist their wrists while sleeping because of the awkward positions. This issue can be resolved using a wrist brace while sleeping. This will not only help you to prevent further tendon damage but will help you heal from the carpal tunnel at night also. Not every brace can be used at night so there have to be some specific braces that can be used. We are listing the best carpal tunnel brace you can even use while sleeping.
ComfyBrace night wrist sleep support brace.
This is one of the best braces that we recommend using at night. This brace has an ergonomic design that helps to provide great comfort for your wrist. This brace can be used by people who are suffering from arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and can be used by people who want to relax their sore muscles. It is designed to fit everyone. It has a slip-on sleeve design that makes it easier to wear.
- It is made to provide the maximum support to your wrist. It has an ergonomic design that will help to provide all the support that your wrist needs.
- It is designed to fit everybody. It has hooks and loops that can be used to adjust the brace according to your hand.
- You can wear the same brace on both hands. The split is easy to use and the ergonomic design helps to wear it easily on both hands.
- The company claims that you will be satisfied with the product totally and in case you are not satisfied, they will return you all your money.
- The brace has cushioned beads that provide remarkable comfort. The brace comes up with a breathable material that keeps the brace cool from inside.
Night wrist sleep support by 3M Futuro.
This night brace is specially designed to wear while sleeping. It is designed in such a way that you can only wear it at night because it can restrict you from performing many daily activities. so, you must wear it at night. The best point about this brace is that it has a universal design which means it can be worn on any of the hands. The support provided by this brace is moderate. There is a cushioning pack inside the brace that will protect your arm and give it a stable position.
- It helps to relieve your wrist from most of the carpal tunnel symptoms.
- The cushioning pack helps to keep the hand in a neutral position while you sleep.
- It comes up with a removable splint to customize the support.
- It provides moderate support for your wrist at night time.
- The plush and the cushioning provided help to protect your wrist while you are sleeping.
Best carpal tunnel braces for gaming.
Now this section is dedicated to gamers. We are mentioning some best braces that gamers can use while playing if they are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. Gamers these days can suffer from carpal tunnel due to excessive gaming sessions so it is important to share some of the carpal tunnel braces for gamers.
BraceAbility Gaming wrist brace.
This is the most popular and used gaming wrist brace. It is used by many gamers. It is fit for everybody. It comes with a left and right-hand variant. It can be worn by men, women, or older children. It can fit anybody having a circumference of 6 to 10 inches. It has ergonomic support. It will wrap around your hand, thumb, and your forearm. This will help to keep your wrist in a stable position to reduce the stress on your wrist.
- It is preferred by many gamers because it comes in one size. It can fit anybody having a wrist circumference of 6-10 inches.
- It can be used for many other medical conditions like repetitive stress injury, tendonitis, arthritis, strains, and post cast removals.
- It can be used in both day time and night time. You can wear them while playing to recover fastly and prevent further damage.
- It has a removable splint which is made of aluminum which is provided to reduce the movement of the wrist without disturbing the movement of the fingers and the thumb.
- It has ergonomic support which provides support. It has an easy one-hand application.
Relief carpal tunnel wrist brace.
This is the other brace we recommend that you can use while playing. It wraps up around your wrist providing full mobility to your fingers and the thumb. It comes in a universal size and can be worn by anyone. If you are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome you might want to go for a wrist brace. The best thing is it is worth it according to its price rate.
- It comes up with a removable splint that helps you to immobilize your wrist in its natural position.
- It will help you relieve the pain and prevent re-injury.
- It has a universal size that can be worn by anyone.
- There is a medical grade splint present in the wrist splint that helps to provide remarkable support and stability to the wrist.
- The thick thermal polyester sleeves help to provide heat retention and firm compression.
Frequently asked questions.
- What can happen if carpal tunnel syndrome is not treated on time?
If you have carpal tunnel syndrome and you are not getting it treated, it can lead to a reduction in the coordination between your hands and your fingers. Your muscles will become much weaker. Carpal tunnel is a passage on the palm side of your wrist that needs to be treated if it gets weakened.
- What are the causes of carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be caused by excessive use of your palm. You can get it while sleeping due to excessive pressure on your wrist or you can even get it by playing excessive video games that require wrist movements.
- Do you need to have surgery to treat carpal tunnel?
Usually, it is not needed to go for surgery. If you are having slight pain, you can easily treat it at home. You can try different ways to ease the pain. You can buy a wrist brace to ease your wrist pain and provide it some stability. If You have severe pain, you must see your doctor.
- How can braces help in treating carpal tunnel?
Though carpal tunnel braces can not cure your injury, it can help you in relieving some pain. When you wear a brace it stabilizes your wrist in its natural form. You can use it in the day time to perform activities that can flare up your pain. This will minimize the movement of your wrist without compromising with the movement of your fingers and thumb.