The two most loved Lenovo laptops are Thinkpad and Ideapad. This shouldn’t come as a surprise since they’re both excellent laptops with plenty of features. For many who’re looking for the perfect laptop, it is difficult to understand the distinctions between Lenovo ThinkPad vs IdeaPad. Let’s give a basic idea about these two laptops. The main difference between both the ThinkPad and IdeaPad series is that they both have their own target sale markets.
The Thinkpad features more sophisticated laptop components that can provide more speeds, a more intuitive design, immersive sound, and additional advanced FHD displays with excellent IPS technology. The Ideapad however was designed for casual laptop users and is not geared towards commercial or business performance. It’s a budget laptop and comes with a distinctive gaming model that works well in numerous moderately graphic games.
But which one is good for you? Let’s learn by comparing Lenovo ThinkPad vs IdeaPad in detail. With these eye-catching details, your doubts will go away and you can pick the best for you.
Lenovo Thinkpad vs Ideapad | Comparison Table
|Designed for||For business users.||For all consumers to complete daily work.|
|Use in space||Can be easily used in international space stations.||Can’t work in International space stations.|
|Design||Less attractive design but has tons of features.||More attractive|
|Performance||Extra powerful performance.||Low powerful performance as compared to Thinkpad.|
|Display||Better then Ideapad.||Less good than Thinkpad.|
Whenever the Lenovo names come out, only Thinkpad laptops come into their minds. These laptops are extremely popular and offer tons of features to people.
Because the Lenovo ThinkPad was created to be used in professional environments. It doesn’t have a lot of emphasis on appearance and unnecessary features.
The design may seem basic however it provides an efficiency that makes it highly popular. It’s actually the thing we love the most!
The Thinkpad is known to utilize various processors within its products. And the best quality models are higher-end models incorporating Intel processors. For instance, The X1 Carbon utilizes a minimum Intel Core i5 processor, however, it can also include the i7 processor anytime. This can enhance its performance.
They also make use of AMD processors in a few more affordable models as well. An example can be that of the Thinkpad T14, which comes with an AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U. Trust us,t his might sound more affordable however it’s still an extremely solid 8-core processor.
The range of Lenovo ThinkPad puts a heavy focus on performance. Here are some of the features ThinkPad laptops offer that makes them top laptops for business:
- Battery life competition in Lenovo ThinkPad vs IdeaPad – A remarkably long battery life than any Lenovo Ideapad lets you use it for hours and complete more work.
- They make use of a combination that includes Intel processors (AMD in lower models) and high-end RAM, which provides higher processing power as well as the ability to run more powerful applications.
These laptops are known for their premium screens, and most of the top models feature a 4K display.
The model is typically available in a 14-inch model in the majority of variants. This is because they’ve found the ideal balance within 13.3 inches to 15.6 inches. But, you can get these in other sizes as well.
Some Popular Thinkpad Series
- Lenovo Thinkpad the X1 Series: Presently, when you think of a Thinkpad, many people think of its X series only. This X1 Series is one of the top lineups within the ThinkPad line. They’re among the most premium and high-end models and the price is well worth it. An excellent example is the ThinkPad X1 Carbon. Looking for a laptop for office work and business? The ThinkPad X1 Carbon fits the requirements.
- E Series: The E Series is for people who don’t have enough funds to purchase an expensive laptop. While it has a similar Thinkpad style, it’s not as powerful as other models available. You will find it in 14 inches models or 15.6-inch. To get you started, look at Lenovo’s Lenovo ThinkPad E15 and check if this one is right for you!
- L Series: This series is Lenovo’s most efficient Thinkpads. It’s also an upgrade from “E Series”, although not quite as powerful as those in the X series. They have a moderate price and have sufficient power to meet. Are you curious to determine whether that the E Series is enough? Check out the Lenovo ThinkPad L15 to find out!
- T Series: This series is one more step further and is among the most recent series to be launched. The laptops are built to last and come with amazing battery life, just like the other Lenovo models.
- P Series: The P series is likely to be overkill. It’s designed for architects and designers who require more powerful laptops. And it’s a bit pricey. So, if you require something extremely robust, this model could be the best choice for you.
- Yoga Series: Though they are marketed as a separate series, it’s actually a blend of the Thinkpad and Yoga series. Users can use these laptops as a tablet as well and are convertible.
Lenovo Ideapad Overview
Although it is true that the Thinkpad series has earned much of the spotlight but the Ideapad is an excellent laptop series on its own. While you can find the Thinkpad is more targeted towards people who work in the business, the Ideapad is highly consumer-oriented.
Talking about the performance of Lenovo ThinkPad vs IdeaPad, the second one isn’t as solid when we compare it to Thinkpad. It has less RAM. It is not something that concerns the majority of users unless they are using large files.
The Ideapad range makes use of a combination of AMD and Intel processors, and the AMD Ryzen 5 is the most popular processor in lower-budget Lenovo laptops
One of the most effective methods to tell the difference between Ideapad and Thinkpad is to look at their designs. The Ideapad is superior in terms of style and has a beautiful slim look. Plus, you can carry this laptop easily.
Ideapad Audio and Display
The Lenovo Ideapad’s display is generally excellent, but it’s definitely far from the bright Thinkpad range. Also, it has a lower contrast ratio. It is by no means poor quality, however, while compared to the high-end Thinkpad they’re not on the same level.
The IdeaPad display is actually very good. Resolutions can start from 1366×768 (for affordable models) and go to 3840×2160 (for more expensive models)!
However, it’s not as bright and has less contrast than the Lenovo ThinkPad. But that doesn’t mean they’re useless. They just are full of top-quality displays.
Top Lenovo Idea Laptop Models
- Lenovo Ideapad S Series: This Ideapad series has been in use for a long time. And it’s is the first thing people imagine when they think of an Ideapad. The Ideapad series is generally are light and compact. And the S Series is perhaps the most impressive example of this. They are able to offer an excellent battery life and specifications with an impressive light design. Just pair it with the best gaming mouse and see the magic.
- C Series: This series was introduced in the year 2019 by the C340 that became a hit for Lenovo. It blends the high-end features and performance of the S series with the capacity to function as a tablet, which means it’s also a convertible laptop. All in all, we’re waiting to see what other products Lenovo comes out with within the C series.
- L Series: This series was intended to function as mid-priced ranged laptops and was introduced with the L340 in 2019. With high-end RAM and beautiful design, these laptops are built especially for avid gamers.
- IdeaPad Flex Series: This series gives 2-in-1 laptops and it is presently the highest-selling model. With touchscreen features, Lenovo laptops in this series give users the opportunity to be flexible. It also offers enough processing power to make it ideal for school, work, or even for home use!
- IdeaPad Gaming: This series of laptops have a powerful processor, excellent screen, solid graphics card, Higher-end RAM, and whatnot! It’s more suitable for people having a tight budget, as Lenovo has cut corners to make it more affordable. But to be honest, it’s powerful enough to use in mid-tier gaming. The laptop has a wonderful IPS display along with other multi-features. Finding a reasonable and budget-friendly gaming laptop? It’s the Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3i that is precisely for you!
Lenovo ThinkPad vs IdeaPad | Our Picks
|Best Workstation Lenovo ThinkPad||ThinkPad P1|
|Best Lenovo ThinkPad For Business Users||ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen|
|Best Affordable Lenovo ThinkPad||ThinkPad E595|
|Best Rugged Lenovo ThinkPad||ThinkPad Yoga 11e|
|Best Lenovo IdeaPad For Gaming||IdeaPad L340 Gaming|
|Best 2-in-1 Lenovo ThinkPad||ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th Gen|
|Best Lenovo IdeaPad For Students||IdeaPad 730s|
|Best Lenovo IdeaPad For Light Use||IdeaPad S145|
|Best High-End Lenovo IdeaPad||IdeaPad S940|
|Best 2-in-1 Lenovo IdeaPad||IdeaPad Flex 14|
|Best High-End Lenovo ThinkPad||ThinkPad P73|
Some Last Words
Overall, when you compare both the Lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the Ideapad, the Lenovo Ideapad is a more budget-friendly version. Although it is true that the Lenovo Thinkpad is certainly the best choice for both work and business use. Also, a lot of people who use Lenovo laptops casually have also found them extremely powerful for their needs.
Comparatively, the Ideapad is more suitable for daily users who don’t require additional powerful features that the Thinkpad provides. Casual users who utilize laptops for tasks that aren’t demanding like emails or Google Docs favor Ideapad. They typically use their laptops for a couple of hours each day. Lenovo Thinkpad is for people who work on their laptops for a longer time and multi-task like using multiple browsers.
It is true that the Thinkpad models are extremely durable and can outlast almost every Ideapad series built on pure specs and hardware. The audio, processor graphics card, RAM, are all significantly enhanced on Thinkpad models.
At last, whatever you decide, just keep our comparison list in mind go through every detail. Now we believe you will find the best Lenovo laptop 2021 – 22 in this post here. Since your hard-earned money must not go in vain, so we have included all the necessary points in this Lenovo ThinkPad vs IdeaPad comparison. If you are a game enthusiast then our website contains everything from cheat codes, best motherboards, best gaming keyboards, and a lot more. Do pay a visit!