Many people who love gaming will suggest the different mice that you can use to enhance your gaming skills and this confuses many people. There are a lot of people who believe that the weight of the mouse hardly matters but there are some people who will like to buy a mouse depending on the mouse weight. It is difficult for some people to differentiate between the heavy mouse and the light mouse. It depends on your personal preference which one to choose. To say, I prefer using a Lightweight mouse but you might not be comfortable using the lightweight mouse and will want to switch to the heavyweight mouse. According to us, there is no perfect weight of a mouse, it all depends on your perspective and your preference. Both of the mouses have their pros and cons. In this article, We have tried to help you with a detailed differentiation between the heavy mouse and the light mouse. We hope this article will help you choose a better mouse for yourself. In one of the sections of this article, we have mentioned different recommended mice that you can opt for if you are confused.
Advantages of a light mouse.
First, we are starting with a light mouse. Many gamers recommend using the light mouse for gaming. One of the factors that people love using a light mouse in space. It is preferable for people who have less space for their set up and for the people who travel with their laptops and need a mouse with it. Many people have a wrist injury, they can also prefer to use a light mouse. Many gamers prefer using the light mouse because they can move much faster than the heavy mouse. These mice are beneficial for enthusiast players who prefer instant flicks and a move that can easily move around. These mice were specially designed for esports players but anyone can benefit from these. Young gamers who are learning to play can also benefit from this. Logitech and rival are the companies that have introduced the mice with lightweight and are trying to innovate in this direction. Light mice are preferred because many features have been crammed into a small frame. They are inexpensive, almost half the cost of the premium mice.
Advantages of a heavy mouse.
The first and most important advantage of a heavy mouse is that it is easier to control the movements of the heavy mouse. Many gamers prefer using a heavy mouse for a particular type of gaming. If you are a gamer, you need to have maximum control over your movements while playing. Many gamers prefer a heavy mouse with low DPI settings over a light mouse with High DPI settings because there are still chances of miss movement and can move your mouse cursor all over your screen. Many heavy mice come with a weight that can be removed. You can use the heavy mouse for high sensitivity. You can use it with a high friction pad because you will have to do most of the work with your fingers. we will recommend you using these mice according to the DPI settings and your preferences.
Which one to choose for gaming.
Gamers might like to use different weight mice for different games. In this section, we have mentioned the types of games and the types of mice gamers like to use. Check the two categories we have decided games into and the preferred mice.
Mouse preference for MMO.
Mostly for MMO, heavy mice are preferred. For games like world of warcraft, Starcraft or Dota gamers prefer heavy mouse because there is less precision needed for playing these games. MMO mouses come with a lot of side buttons making the mouse bulkier, so people don’t emphasize the weight of the mouse. These games require mouse with a high DPI, so gamers usually cover the low movement issue by setting their DPI high. If you like playing MMO, the world of warcraft is one of the best, and most played MMO games. You might need a guide to level up in the game. so we have mentioned all the things you need to know in our wow classic leveling guide.
Mouse preference for FPS.
FPS games refer to games like CS: GO, Fortnite, PubG, and many more, which need a good and fast precision while playing. Therefore, we recommend using a light weight mouse for playing these types of games. These games require mice that are easy to move and light mice are very easy to move as compared to the heavy mice. You can use a heavy friction mouse pad to control the movement of the mouse and provide better control. If you play FPS, you might be a fan of Shroud and want to know about his mouse and mouse settings, read shroud’s setup and know everything about him.
Some recommended choices.
In this section of this article, we are recommending you with some of the best mice you can opt for if you like gaming. These are the recommended lightweight and heavyweight mice. We have listed these mice according to your budget and style.
Logitech G502 Hero.
This is considered to be one of the best mice for overall performance. It is a customizable mouse that comes with many hardware as well as software features. Though Logitech has been in the market for a quite long time, Logitech has redesigned its mice several times and gave it a subtle design. It has tunable weights that can be easily installed, therefore it is a customizable weight mouse.
- It comes with 11 buttons and the DPI can be adjusted maximum till 16000.
- It has a comfortable design with big buttons. The layout of the mouse is quite smart.
- The mouse weight is 4.3 ounces which can be adjusted because of the tunable weights.
- It comes with streamlined software that provides you with an extensive range of options.
- It has programmable RGB lighting. With this lighting, you can choose from a wide range of colors and change it according to your preference.
SteelSeries Rival 3.
The other mouse in the list is the SteelSeries rival 3. It is considered to be the best mouse for people with a low budget. It comes in half of the cost that you would get a non-gaming mouse for. It also has subtle RGB lighting and has all the same features as that of the other SteelSeries mice. People prefer this mouse because of its weight which is only 2.7 ounces. This is an ideal mouse for all the esports players who like to have a fast-moving and a fast twitching mouse.
- It is the best mouse for this value. The DPI of the mouse can be adjusted maximum to 8,500.
- It comes with 5 buttons and the weight of this mouse is only 2.7 ounce.
- It is ergonomically designed. It is extremely comfortable as well as has a good performance.
- You can save your preferred lighting and software settings to directly rival 3.
- It has 12000 CPI, optical sensor, and split trigger buttons that guarantee you with a durability of 50 million clicks.
Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless.
This mouse is considered to be the best gaming mouse if you want an inexpensive wireless mouse. It cost you almost 50 dollars for a wide range of functionality that you can get in this mouse. It has an ergonomic design and textured grips to make it more comfortable for you. The best thing about this mouse is it offers a Bluetooth functionality with which it makes it easier for you to connect to devices like streaming devices, tablets, and even your phone.
- It comes with 5 buttons and the DPI settings can be adjusted maximum to 10,000.
- It has a comfortable grip and a remarkable performance.
- The mouse weight is just 3.7 ounce making it neither light nor heavyweight mouse.
- The contoured shape provides more comfortable grips and confidence.
- It gets you with a super-fast setup process. You just need to connect the mouse with a USB and switch on the mouse.
Razer Naga Trinity.
This mouse is mostly advised to be used for playing MMOs, but it can be used to play other games, it all depends on your settings of the mouse. The weight of the mouse 4.2 ounces and has versatile software. You don’t have to stick on a single style thumb button, you can customize it according to your preference with the help of the 3 interchangeable side panels. It is a heavy mouse and is quite large which can be best suited for players who have large palms.
- It comes with 17 adjustable buttons and the DPI settings can be adjusted maximum to 16,000.
- The weight of the mouse 4.2 ounces and has versatile software.
- It comes with versatile side panels. 3 interchangeable side panels with having 7 button configurations at one side and 10 on the other side.
- It does not have a way to adjust the height and length settings.
- It is designed with a right-handed form factor.
Logitech G602 wireless.
This is considered to be the best mouse for MMO and MOBA’s because of the size and shape of the mouse. It comes up with a lot of unique features in a small amount. It is a heavy mouse of almost 130 g with one battery and 150 g with 2 batteries. This is one of the heaviest mice of the Logitech. It consists of a total of 10 buttons with 8 side buttons and 2 DPI settings buttons.
- It has a total of 10 buttons and the DPI settings can be adjusted maximum to 2500.
- It has an optical sensor and weighs almost 152 g.
- It has a battery life of 250 hours and up to 1400 hours in the endurance mode.
- The life mouse buttons are up to 20 million clicks.
- It is a wireless mouse and it is lag free. The endurance mode increases the maximize the battery life of the mouse.
So, we have listed all the differences between the heavy mouse and the light mouse. We hope this article will help you to choose the right mouse for you. We have recommended you with all the best mice you can opt for if you are still confused about which one to buy. We hope you enjoyed reading this article.
Frequently asked questions.
- Why people prefer using a light mouse?
The light mouse can be used by the people who have to travel carrying their laptops and mouse. It can be used by gamers who play games that require fast movement and quick flicks. They are easier to move and have light sensitivity and hence are mostly preferred by FPS gamers.
- Which one would you choose, Logitech or Razor?
Everybody has their personal preference. We recommend using Logitech if you want a mouse for general purposes as well as gaming. But we highly recommend using Razor, if you are looking for an only a gaming mouse. Both the companies provide great functionality and you can choose based on your needs.
- Will sensitivity be affected by the mouse weight?
Generally, people prefer to use a low sensitivity with a light mouse and a higher sensitivity with a heavy mouse. You can look for a mouse that has a customizable weight if you don’t know which one to choose. You can adjust the sensitivity setting then according to the weight of your mouse.
- What size of a mouse is suitable for better aiming?
You can use any mouse which you are comfortable using. We will recommend you to use a small mouse because it can be easier to adjust your mouse if it is relatively smaller than your palm. It can be dragged towards the bottom of your palm or on the side of your palm.