As a primary school teacher, one of the toughest jobs is to save the documents and resources from the kids. The best way to save them from the kids is to laminate them. Laminators are important for teachers as well as schools. In this article, we are providing you with the best laminators for teachers.
We have chosen the best according to the needs of teachers and schools. We have listed the best laminators for schools and teachers according to the budget, features, and popularity of the product.
We have affiliated all the Amazon links for you to buy your favorite laminator from the list. You can choose the laminator according to the shapes and sizes, which one is best suited for you.
At a Glance | Best Laminators for Teachers 2021-22 Reviewed
|1.||Amazon Basics Thermal Laminator|
|2.||Scotch Pro Thermal Laminator(TL906)|
|3.||Scotch Thermal Laminator(TL902A)|
|4.||Swingline Inspire Plus Laminator|
|5.||Apache Al9 9″ Thermal Laminator|
|6.||Fellowes Laminator Saturn 3i 125|
Things To Consider Before Buying a Laminator
Here is a list of all the things that you need to keep in mind before buying a laminator for school as well as for teachers.
- Budget: The first thing that you need to keep in mind before buying a laminator is your budget. Though we believe that you can sometimes adjust your budget to buy the best laminator for you.
- Types of Things: If you have to laminate things that are heat sensitive, you can prefer to buy a cold laminator and if you want to laminate pictures or posters you must try looking for a laminator with rollers.
- Size of the Documents: Another thing you have to keep in consideration is the size of the documents. Sometimes the laminators that A4 size sheets won’t be able to laminate A3 documents or vice versa. You have to choose a laminator depending upon the size of the document.
- The Volume of Lamination: You have to keep in mind how much you will be laminating. You can use a pouch laminator for a medium or small volume of documents and can choose a roller laminator for large volume laminators.
- The Thickness of the Film: The film of a laminator is measured in mils. For a larger thickness, you will be needing a thicker pouch or roller. There are different types of films. The most commonly used films used in laminators are 1.5 and 3.
- Brand: Many people prefer to buy things based on their brands. Many brands in the market are considered to be best for laminators. So, if you are also a brand freak, you must look for all the good brands in the market.
Best Laminators for Teachers 2021-22: 6 Expert Top Picks
Below are some of the best laminators that our expert team has reviewed.
1. Amazon Basics Thermal Laminator
The first in the list of the best laminators are the Amazon Basics Thermal laminator.
It is considered to be one of the best laminators for teachers. It has various attractive features that will provide you a top-quality lamination.
This laminator is preferred because it provides you with consistent lamination for all sizes and can be used in an energy-saving mode. It is a two roller system that will provide you with a faster service.
The size of the laminator makes it suitable for people who have less space to keep a laminator. It can use both 3 mil and 5 easily available mil pouches. Amazon provides support and after-sales warranty on this product.
- This laminator can laminate documents of any size like letter size business card size or even a photo size.
- It uses a 3 mil heats setting for laminating the normal papers and uses a 5 mil heat setting for papers thicker than the normal paper.
- It is best suited for both personal use or can be used as a school laminator.
- In case you get your pouch jammed, there is a jam release lever provided to help you to recover the pouch and your laminator will work normally.
- We will recommend you read the user manual provided with this product for a better understanding of the working of this laminator.
2. Scotch Pro Thermal Laminator(TL906)
This is the other most preferred laminator for teachers. The controls of this laminator are very simple so, the teachers do not have to stress over the controls of the laminator.
It allows you to laminate a 9-inch wide paper in almost forty-five seconds which is a fast job.
The other best thing about this laminator is that it comes with never jam technology. What else do you need if you are getting a laminator that never jams.
It assures you that every time you laminate something, it will always be a smooth experience. Also, it has a folding tray to collect all the laminated papers that you have laminated recently.
It is very convenient to handle and can be shifted from one place to another easily. It has a warming time of about 5 minutes.
- There is a light signal present in the machine that will indicate to you when the machine is ready for laminating.
- It’s never jam technology automatically rejects the items that are not fed properly or prevent from misfeeding the items.
- It is a two roller machine that can be used to laminate at a speed of 15 inches per minute. It can be used with both 3 mil and 5 mil pouches.
- The throat width of this machine ranges between 6 inches to 10 inches.
- This machine is not recommended to be used with a voltage or an outlet converter.
3. Scotch Thermal Laminator(TL902A)
It is another good option to use as a school laminator. Also, it is compact but is very efficient in use. It is easier to operate so you don’t have to worry about the controls of the laminator plus it can be used with both 3 mil and 5 mil pouches.
The best point about this laminator is that it doesn’t heat fast and has taken almost 7 minutes to warm up. Once it is warmed up, you can get it going for a few hours.
Every time it is ready for laminating, a light signal is given to indicate to you. It has two convenient lines on the bed by which can make sure that your laminating pouch is properly fed into the laminator.
But one of the disadvantages of this roller is that some of its users have reported that it jams.
- This laminator can laminate up to 9 inches wide paper.
- This laminator is a two roller system and has two temperature settings.
- It is also recommended to use for photos also.
- This machine can laminate up to 5 mil thick pouches.
- The looks of this machine are quite attractive with updated colors and a good finish.
4. Swingline Inspire Plus Laminator
This laminator allows the user to laminate the documents of up to 9 inches within 4 minutes since it is turned on. It has two indicator lights to indicate to the user when the machine is ready for work.
If you want to use 3 mil or 5 mil pouches, there is only one power setting for both which almost works fine.
In case you have jammed your laminator, an in-built lever is provided to clear all the jammed papers. When you buy the laminator, you will also get five pouches to try the working of the laminator.
This can be slower than other laminators but there are very rare chances that it will jam. The best thing about this laminator is that you can use it for hours because it does not get overheated easily. So, these can be considered as a good option for both schools and teachers.
- The laminators warm up in just 4 minutes which is a relatively low time. Whenever the machine is ready to work, you will be indicated by the two indicators that have been given in the machine.
- It is compact and is best for use as your laminator as well as will be ideal for use in schools.
- It is a user-friendly system as it comes up with a single power setting. For both 3 mil and 5 mil pouches, there is only 1 power setting that will allow you to switch between the pouches much easily.
- There is also cold lamination that can be done with this machine. With cold lamination, there are many more options available for laminating through this machine.
5. Apache Al9 9″ Thermal Laminator
This laminator is recommended for both home and school purposes. It provides you with easy and fast lamination; you don’t even have to worry about the settings.
This laminator is easy to move from one place to another and is just 3.3 inches in height. It is a two roller laminator made up of high-quality heating elements.
When you buy this laminator, you get a set of 20 free sample pouches.
The best thing is that the company provides you with a six months warranty for the product. There are much more reliable and faster laminators as compared to others.
- It provides 9 inches laminating width and 2 rollers made up of silicon.
- It comes with power and ready indicators.
- Also, it comes with a free 20 sample pouches of both 5 mils and 3 mils.
- It has a sleek, compact design and is light weighted.
- The best thing about this laminator is quality grade motor and also a heating element.
6. Fellowes Laminator Saturn 3i 125
This is one of the most stylish and best laminators for teachers. It has an instant heat technology that allows it to get ready in short timing.
The laminator gets ready in just 1 minute. It is suitable to use with both hot lamination and cold lamination.
It has a super power saving mode that prevents it from overheating. In case your pouches are stuck inside, you can use a lever to unjam them and your laminator will work normally.
There are also ten 3 mil pouches pack provided as sample pouches when you buy the machine. We recommend this machine because of its smooth and clean lamination.
- It has a warm-up time of about 1 minute only.
- It has a 12.5-inch entry width which is suitable for any kind of documents. So it can be used with any type of document.
- The auto shut off mode prevents the machine from overheating.
- It uses hot lamination settings for 3 mil and 5 mil pouches and uses cold lamination settings for adhesive pouches.
- There is a jam release lever that can be used to release the documents that are jammed.
Even if you have the best laminator, there are still some things that you need to keep in mind before laminating anything. These tips will make it easier for you to use your laminator and keep it working.
The first thing that you need while laminating is plastic laminating pouches. Unfortunately, when you buy a laminator, it is not included in the cost. You have to buy them separately. Though there are some laminators that provide you with some sample pouches.
As we have discussed earlier, most of the laminators work on 3 mil films, they require 3 mil or 5 mil pouches. In case you want to laminate a thicker pouch, you need to replace it with a thicker pouch or use a laminator that can handle a thicker pouch.
You must check your machine’s specs if it can support thicker pouches or not. Most people jam their laminators because they fail to properly set their pouches.
Therefore, it is recommended to set the pouch properly before using it or sending it into the machine.
The last thing that you have to keep in mind is that you have to save your laminator’s rollers from getting dirty. You can use a plain piece of paper and run it through the machine to get rid of the glue which was stuck because of previous laminations. With the new laminators, you might not need special folders to collect the items like it was needed for the earlier models.
Also Read: List of Best Carpal Tunnel Braces
So, this was the list of all the best laminators for teachers that we recommend. We hope this list was helpful to you in choosing the right laminator for you. we have given all the features and Amazon links that you can go through and choose the best laminator for you or for your school.
We have listed all the laminators in accordance with their pricing, popularity, rating, and features that can be considered as the best laminators for teachers suitable for a teacher or a school. If you are looking for a suitable computing device, you can check our article about computer mouses. We have tried our best to distinguish between the heavy and light mouses that you can use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are some of the questions that people generally ask before buying a laminator.
1. What should I Keep in Mind before Choosing a Laminator?
The first thing that you need to keep in mind is the size of the documents you want to laminate. Depending on the size of the document, you can choose 2 rollers, 4 rollers, or a 6 roller laminator.
The other thing is that you want to use it for hot lamination or cold lamination. We have mentioned other important things to keep in mind in one of the sections of this article.
2. What is the Preferred Thickness for Laminating Pouches?
Generally, people use pouches with 70 or 80 microns thickness per side. They are ideal for almost every type of documents preventing them from external sources.
In case you need high protection of your documents you can go for pouches with 125-micron thickness.
3. Which One is Better to use: Hot lamination or Cold lamination?
Most people prefer using hot lamination over cold lamination because, In hot lamination, the laminator uses a heat generated adhesive to laminate your documents which is much more durable than the self-adhesive pouches used in cold lamination.
4. Which One is Better: Cut then laminate, or Laminate then cut?
It depends on the type of lamination that you are using. If you are using hot lamination, it is recommended to the first cut and then laminate because, In hot lamination, the card and pouch need some space so that the pouch can stick.
In case you are using cold lamination, it is recommended to use laminate then cut because it uses self-adhesion so the pouch is directly stuck to the card.