MW2 - ERROR- Different ingame languages, cant play Special Ops
Thursday, December 03 2009 @ 05:31 PM GMT
Contributed by: Admin
This workaround should also work for versions with different language than Russian. For instance, the German version should change “localized_english_iw”XX”.iwd” to “localized_german_iwXX.iwd”, the line in localization.txt from english to german and as well for the folder name.
How to change the language of a foreign version of MW2, into English. This should also fix the “Different Protocol” problem/error these players where facing, which is caused due to the different ingame languages of players trying to play a Special Ops game together (for instance an English VS a Russian, German, French version).
Below an updated workaround on how to change the language of the Russian version of MW2 back into English again.
- Install Steam with English language
- Set language of game into English (in Steam game settings)
- Install COD MW2 with Russian Language from DVD
- Run game
- Exit game & Exit Steam
- Get yourself the following files from working English version of COD MW2 (10.9GB): - Folers: “main”, “zone” - All separate files from “***SteamSteamAppscommoncall of duty modern warfare 2″
- If asked, replace/overwrite all files with the files from nr. 6
- Verify Integrity Cache for COD MW2
- Copy all files from English version to folder again
- Open file: localization.txt and change first line “english” to “russian”. (If you don’t have this file, you can download it here. Put it right next to youre “iw4sp.exe” in the mwf2 folder.)
- Rename localized_english_iw00.iwd to localized_russian_iw00.iwd” (and all other files similar to this too) .
- Run Game (fails)
- Go to folder: “***SteamSteamAppscommoncall of duty modern warfare 2″
- Open folder: “**SteamSteamAppscommoncall of duty modern warfare 2zone” and delete folder “russian”
- Rename folder “english” to “russian”
- Open Steam and run COD MW2 MP or SP, now with English Language (Text and Voices)
So in short:
- (Get) Steam in English
- Set language of game to English in Steam Game settings
- Install MW2 with Russian language from game DVD
- Copy Zone and Main English versions
- Remove Russian folder from Zone
- Replace localized.txt with English version
- Run game, works.