PeZBOT MoD - How to get it to work ?
Tuesday, October 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM BST
Lets start from scratch. Get the latest version of PezBOT.
- Make sure the path to the PeZBOT mod folder is something like this: C:Call of Duty 4 - Modern WarfareModsPeZBOT
- Inside your PeZBOT mod folder should be just three files; mod.ff, PeZBOT.iwd and readme.txt. (Do read the readme.txt file; it contains some very useful information)
- Create a dedicated Desktop icon for PeZBOT. To do this find your CoD4 Multiplayer Desktop icon, right click on it and select Copy from the menu. Now Paste a copy of the icon to your Desktop.
- Next, right click on the new icon and choose Properties from the menu. Look at the field named Target. You will see in it the path to your CoD4 multiplayer executable (iw3mp.exe). It should look similar to this: "C:Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfareiw3mp.exe".
- Now place your cursor at the end of the line (Target path) shown in the Target field then press the space key and paste this text on to the end of the path: +set fs_game "mods/PeZBOT" +set svr_pezbots 14. Make sure you include all punctuation, e.g. quotes and spaces etc.
- Your amended Target path should now look similar to this: "C:Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfareiw3mp.exe" +set fs_game "mods/PeZBOT" +set svr_pezbots 14
- Note the number on the end of the Target path (14) is the number of bots that will be automatically added to your map when it loads. So just change this number to whatever you want.
- Make sure you click 'Apply' then 'OK' before closing the Properties window.
- Now run PeZBOT using your new icon. The mod will automatically load. In 'Start New Server' screen (within CoD4) ensure PunkBuster is disabled; set 'Dedicated' to NO. In 'Game Mode Settings' set both 'Old School' and 'Hardcore' modes to Disabled (I find this works better). Then start your map!
If you still have problems then I'd recommend uninstalling CoD4, then reinstall, apply all patches, and install PeZBOT again. But hopefully that won't be necessary.