Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Errors - Freezes, Crashes and Install problems
Friday, March 05 2010 @ 07:49 PM GMT
Lets hope this list stays short.
If you can't find your BF: BC2 error in this list; leave a post in HERE.
First : Update your nVidia and ATI video / Graphics cards to their latest drivers.
1. Getting kicked from online matches by Punkbuster while Playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC.
And make sure (Vista or Windows 7) you run ALL as Administrator. For example: copy the BFBC2 Updater shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and go to properties. There should be a box that says Run as Administrator. Check the box and use that shortcut to launch your game. This should take care of most connectivity issues with Vista and Windows 7.
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 crashes / crashing to desktop.
Try: Go to Documents - BFBC2 Folder
Find settings,click it
Change it to DXversion = 9 (or 10)
3. You get a graphics glitch / error when playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC.
Turn off bloom.
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 won’t install on Windows 7 x64 using EA Download Manager.
Disable your virus scanner and re-download Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
5. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Paul.dll error
Try completely uninstalling the game, delete any folder structure that may be left under the installation directory.
Get the securom removal tool from vendor https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html. Use it
Try reinstalling the game.
Note if you have any other games that use securerom, you may need to uninstall/reinstall them after this.
If you have any virtual cd/dvd emulators running, these can interfere with securerom.
6. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Mouse Fix
- If you are playing in Full Screen, switch to windowed mode by pressing “ALT+Enter”. When you are in windowed mode see the difference between where your button is and where your cursor is pointing is still present.
If it went away trying going back into full screen mode by pressing “alt+enter” again and see if that resolve this issue.
- If above solution doesn’t work, open “settings.ini” and change “DxVersion=auto” to “DxVersion=9″.
7. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server Connection Lost Fix
There are certain ports that needs to be opened before you can play BFBC2 smoothly.
These ports are :
TCP : 80, 13505, 18800, 18805
UDP : 53, 10000, 11000-11030, 18805
8. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Graphics Glitch Fix
Turn off Bloom.